Waters Aero Marine (WAM) operates two air services, Penobscot Island Air (PIA) and Katahdin Air (KA), specializing in last-mile delivery to remote locations. PIA services the islands of Penobscot Bay with air taxi, mail, and freight services via ferry and a fleet of six Cessna aircraft. KA services the lakes and camps of northern Maine with air taxi and freight service with two float planes. We aim to enable our customers to live and thrive in these remote locations with dependable service and an unparalleled customer experience.
- Ensure that PIA and KA maintain the safest air and ground operations possible.
- Ensure PIA and KA meet or exceed all regulations and guidelines established by the FAA, Federal and State governments, and local entities.
- Lead the WAM team by setting strategies and providing coaching and developmental opportunities while building a collaborative customer-focused culture.
- Focus on growing air and ground transportation services, maintenance shop revenue, and flight school operations within Maine and beyond.
- Lead the WAM team by developing new business lines to expand WAM’s footprint and integration within New England’s aviation transportation, training, and aircraft maintenance arena.
- Serve as a dynamic team player who motivates the Penobscot Island Air team to exceed goals and expand business opportunities for future growth.
- The ideal candidate will possess a strong drive to collaboratively grow the business while being an active working manager who leads and develops existing WAM personnel.
- Previous work experience in aviation, including but not limited to airport management, commercial pilot, and management skills preferred. Knowledge of Part 135 and Part 91 FAA rules and regulations is preferred.
- Previous experience as a Director of Operations (DOO) is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an everchanging environment which requires continual multitasking ability.
- Familiar with financial statements and how day-to-day operations impact financial results.
- A commercial pilot’s license is a plus.
- The candidate must be a clear and objective communicator who can manage and supervise a broad skill set of team members.
- The candidate must be a team player who can work with all levels of management and all internal and external customers.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work with constantly changing priorities.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Understanding of basic office software.
The position of General Manager at WAM is to foster teamwork across dispatch, air, ground operations, flight school, and the back office to ensure packages are delivered on time and customer expectations are exceeded. Our fantastic, talented people are the key to WAM’s continued growth and success. We value giving the team autonomy to solve problems and meet customer needs as they see fit.
The General Manager role is a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves type of job in an ever-changing environment. You will be out front working with customers, partners, and regulatory bodies to ensure our continued success.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in discussing this great opportunity. We don’t need a full resume, just a little information on why you’d be a great fit.